Work should be handed in between 10:00 and 11.30 on handing in days and must be removed as soon as possible after the exhibition has closed on the last day.
Please remember that pictures need to be labelled with:
1. Artist’s name, Title of the picture, Medium and Price.
The label should be stuck on the back right hand side of the frame, protruding from the right hand side of the picture as illustrated.
Labelling your submitted artwork
*Please make sure your stuck-on label can be easily removed by the team for the purpose of collecting for the listing.
2. Additional information to a maximum of 50 words may be added for inclusion in the listing and any catalogue, as shown. (This is optional).
3. No printed or written text to be adhered to the artwork for exhibitions. Up to 50 descriptive words may be included on the label for the purpose of inclusion in the listing/catalogue.
(However, if written text of more than 50 words is deemed by the artist to be pertinent to their artwork, then artists may consider if the written text can be reasonably and aesthetically contained within their framed picture or artists may consider laminating their written/printed text, making reference to the available text on the artwork’s label. If there is room, the laminated texts will be displayed on the centre table).
4. All pictures submitted for hanging must have eyelets and string on the backs. Please do not make the string too slack. Any picture wire used should be safe to handle with all loose ends being securely bound by tape and no risk of cuts being inflicted.
5. They should be positioned across the top third of the painting to facilitate hanging.
6. Media that need to be covered with glass should be properly framed with adequate hangings.
7. The hanging fee is £3 per picture. Each member may submit up to three pictures and as long as there is enough space and pictures are correctly framed and labelled, all pictures submitted will be hung. The Group takes 10% commission on any paintings sold at the exhibition.
8. In the event that we are over-subscribed at the ‘Hand-in’, the Exhibitions Team will decide upon inclusion or exclusion.
9. Mounted pictures or prints can go in the cradle/browser at the artist’s own risk. They should be displayed individually and be adequately protected. There is no fee for displaying paintings in the cradles and the only limit on the number each member can display is space.
10. Please make sure artwork for the cradles/browsers is adequately protected, ie cellophane slips. No glazed pictures in the cradle please.
11. Cards should be clearly marked with the price and the artist’s name to ensure that correct information can be recorded for accounting purposes.
12. A 10% commission is also taken by the Arts Group on all cards and items from the cradles/browsers. Please keep your own record of all work you submit for the cradles/browsers and card displays.
Thank you for your co-operation in adhering to the guidelines, which endeavour to provide a safe and professional exhibition for the Public and all our Group Members.
EAG Exhibitions Team
Description(Optional No more than 50 words)
This will be included in the printed listings. (Re 2. below)